History Subject Leader: Mrs Doyle
At Moorthorpe, History will help us to unlock the past!
Our History curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- learn about a wide range of historical events; locally, nationally an internationally.
- develop inquisitive minds with regards to what has gone before
- appreciate and respect previous generations
- are skilled historians, able to learn about key periods from the past using source material to determine how and why events took place
- visit local sites of historical importance such as Pontefract Castle
- understand the importance of museums as curators of knowledge and artefacts
- experience history brought alive within the school through specially organised visitors and themed events
To see how the topics in our History curriculum are arranged please take a look at our Long Term Plan.
We have separated the skills that our young historians need to develop into three strands. Click on each strand to see how the skills progress through the curriculum.
We have also mapped the progression in vocabulary usage by skill and topic.
Please view our enrichment map to see the range of trips, visitors and events that we have planned to bring the history curriculum alive!