- Run and jump in different ways for a variety of purposes.
- Throw an object at a target.
- Control their body when performing a sequence of movements.
- Talk about what they have done.
- Talk about what others have done.
- Vary the speed and direction in which they are travelling.
- Begin to select the most suitable speed for the distance.
- Perform and compare different types of jumps.
- Combine different jumps together with some fluency and control.
- Throw different types of equipment in different ways for accuracy and distance.
- Compete against self and others.
- Watch and describe performances.
- Begin to say how they could improve.
- Focus on leg and arm action to improve sprinting technique.
- Vary running speed for longer distance events.
- When jumping, use one and two feet to take off and land with.
- Land safely and with control.
- Develop techniques to throw with control and accuracy for increased distance.
- Compete with others and aim to improve their personal best.
- Modify use of skills and techniques to achieve a better result.
- Describe how their performance has improved over time.
- Recap, practise and refine effective sprinting technique, including reaction time.
- Select the most appropriate pace for different distances and different parts of the run.
- When jumping, develop and improve techniques for take-off, flight and landing to increase height or distance.
- Use a variety of implements to refine technique when throwing for increased distance.
- Compete against self and others in a controlled manner.
- Explain why they have used particular skills or techniques, and the effect they have had on their performance.
- Choose and use criteria to evaluate own and others’ performance.