- Hit, roll, kick, throw and catch balls, including at a target.
- Move a ball in different ways.
- Follow simple rules.
- Talk about what they have done.
- Position the body to strike a ball with increasing control.
- Throw different types of equipment in different ways.
- Bounce and kick a ball whilst moving.
- Know how to pass the ball in different ways.
- Travel at different speeds following different pathways and directions.
- Begin to understand the terms ‘attacking’ and ‘defending’.
- Understand the importance of rules in games.
- Begin to say how they could improve.
- Use equipment to demonstrate a range of successful striking skills.
- Build a rally with a partner.
- Throw and catch in different ways with control and accuracy.
- Move with the ball in a variety of ways showing control and fluency when changing direction and speed.
- Pass the ball with speed and accuracy in a game situation.
- Know how to keep and win back possession in a team game.
- Make the best use of space to pass and receive the ball.
- Use a range of attacking, defending and fielding tactics in a game.
- Apply and follow rules fairly.
- Describe how their performance has improved over time.
- Use good hand-eye coordination to direct a ball when striking it.
- Throw and catch successfully when under pressure in games.
- Use a range of ball skills, linking together effectively when moving.
- Fluently choose and make the best pass in a game situation.
- Keep and win back possession in a variety of ways in team games.
- Demonstrate a good awareness of space.
- Think ahead and create a plan for attack, defence and fielding.
- Follow and create complicated rules to play a game successfully.
- Choose and use criteria to evaluate their performance and others’.