RE Subject Leaders: Mrs Norman & Miss Lillie
At Moorthorpe, RE will help us to explore life’s big questions.
Our RE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils will:
- ask and attempt to answer challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life
- consider issues of right and wrong
- agree and disagree respectfully with different worldviews
- weigh up the value of wisdom from varied sources and develop and express their insights in response
- gain and deploy the skills needed to understand, interpret and evaluate a range of texts and evidence
- articulate clearly and coherently their personal beliefs
- have a knowledge of common religious symbols and representations
- meet a wide variety of people from different backgrounds
- visit and appreciate religious buildings, old and new
- develop a global outlook, engaging with a curiosity about a world beyond their own horizons
In line with the Wakefield Agreed Syllabus, the skills needed by our young worldly citizens need to develop have been split into three strands. Click on each strand to see how the skills progress through the curriculum.
Please view our enrichment map to see the range of trips, visitors and events that we have planned for the children to fully experience Religious Education.