At Moorthorpe Primary School, we pride ourselves in providing a stimulating, nurturing learning environment that all children can access, enjoy and achieve. We endeavour to build strong relationships between children, families and professionals to help our children progress and achieve. Working with a range of outside agencies in a professional and pro active way, we are fully committed to offer the best possible opportunities for our children.
We aim for all our children:
- To become confident young people who can be as independent as possible, both in their learning and in life.
- To achieve their best.
- To understand that learning is a life ling journey and overcoming challenges are part of the learning process.
- To make successful transitions in education and into adulthood.
Occasionally, children experience difficulties with learning or struggle with aspects of their general progress and development. These children may have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Difficulties which may affect:
- Communication and Interaction
- Cognition and Learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Sensory and or Physical Needs
The SEND provision in our school is coordinated by our SENDCo.
The person with this responsibility in our school is Mrs Emma Jackson who holds the NASENCO qualification through Leeds Trinity University.
For details of our SEND provision please click on the links below:
Alternatively, if you have any questions or concerns about your childs individual needs or development please ring the school office (01977 642820) to make an appointment to meet with Mrs Jackson, our SENDCO.
For further information about SEND support in our local area please click the link here to access the Wakefield Local Offer.