D&T Subject Leaders: Miss Lawton (Cooking), Miss Stead (Structures & Mechanisms) & Mrs Currie (Textiles)
At Moorthorpe, D&T will allow us to take practical ownership of our world.
Our D&T curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils will:
- encounter a broad range of practical experiences.
- solve real and relevant problems within a variety of different contexts.
- appreciate the iterative process of designing and making products.
- develop critical evaluation skills.
- recognise and discuss the key events and individuals who helped shape the world today.
- apply a ‘reflect, evaluate and improve’ mindset in D&T and the wider curriculum.
- be equipped with the practical skills they need to make and amend their own products in the future
- show awareness of the food they eat with regards to where it comes from, how it is made and the impact it has on their health and the environment.