RE Subject Leaders: Mrs Myers
At Moorthorpe, RE will help us to explore life’s big questions.
Our RE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils will:
- ask and attempt to answer challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life
- consider issues of right and wrong
- agree and disagree respectfully with different worldviews
- weigh up the value of wisdom from varied sources and develop and express their insights in response
- gain and deploy the skills needed to understand, interpret and evaluate a range of texts and evidence
- articulate clearly and coherently their personal beliefs
- have a knowledge of common religious symbols and representations
- meet a wide variety of people from different backgrounds
- visit and appreciate religious buildings, old and new
- develop a global outlook, engaging with a curiosity about a world beyond their own horizons
We are currently reviewing the recently updated Wakefield Agreed Syllabus for 2023-2028 and are updating our curriculum provision to take account of any changes.