Science Subject Leader: Mrs Field
At Moorthorpe, Science will help us to understand the world.
Our Science curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- experience the subject in a practical, hands on way.
- use scientific language and vocabulary to communicate their understanding.
- develop curious, enquiring minds that seek to ask questions.
- are confident enough to make predictions and test them methodically through experiments and observations.
- recognise the power of rational explanation.
- show a sense of excitement about natural phenomena.
- apply scientific thinking such as classifying and grouping across the wider curriculum.
- are aware of the key scientific thinkers that have shaped our understanding of the world.
- understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Starting in the 2023/24 academic year, we now subscribe to the resources from PZAZ to support the teaching and learning of our Science curriculum. PZAZ provides teachers with quality lesson plans, practical activities, PowerPoints, videos, printables, quizzes, knowledge organisers and much more.
Autumn One - Autumn changes & Changing and growing
Autumn Two - Winter changes & Investigating shadows
Spring One - Changing temperatures & Ice experiment
Spring Two - Farms animals & Planting and growing
Summer One - Spring changes/life cycles & Planting and growing
Summer Two - Exploring materials & Sinking and floating
Autumn One 23-24
Autumn Two 23-24
Spring One 23-24
Spring Two 23-24
Summer One 23-24
Summer Two 23-24