History Subject Leader: Mrs Doyle
At Moorthorpe, History will help us to unlock the past!
Our History curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- learn about a wide range of historical events; locally, nationally an internationally.
- develop inquisitive minds with regards to what has gone before
- appreciate and respect previous generations
- are skilled historians, able to learn about key periods from the past using source material to determine how and why events took place
- visit local sites of historical importance such as Pontefract Castle
- understand the importance of museums as curators of knowledge and artefacts
- experience history brought alive within the school through specially organised visitors and themed events
Let's say...you're Richard, Duke of York leading his troops at the Battle of Wakefield - what do you say to inspire them to victory (or certain death)? 'Battle Cry' performed live on location at Sandal Castle