Art & Design Subject Leader: Mrs Currie
At Moorthorpe, Art & Design will provide us with the opportunity to be imaginative, creative, expressive individuals!
Our Art & Design curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils will:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- develop proficiency in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art and design techniques
- make decisions about their approach to different challenges
- reflect on, evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art
- know about great artists and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- explain how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation
- take pride in their accomplishments by seeing vibrant art work displayed throughout school
- be inspired by our local area and our history as well as the wider world
“Art is not just a subject to learn, but an activity that you can practise with your hands, your eyes, your whole personality.” Quentin Blake.
We offer an engaging Art curriculum that allows our pupils to develop imagination, stimulate creativity and express themselves.
Our curriculum allows our students to use a wide range of media to improve skills in various area’s including drawing, painting, printing, mixed media art and sculpture
We study various artists, both past and present and allow their work to stimulate our own.