Pupil Premium information 2023-2024
- The funding recently increased per child and now equates to £1,455 per child.
- In main school, we currently have 93 children on the PP register which is 38% of our pupils.
- In addition 13 of our 26 Nursery pupils (50%) are entitled to EYPP (Early Years Pupil Premium)
- Guidance suggests that PP spending should be formed as part of a 3 year strategy whereby schools can ensure long term effects and a sustained approach to their implemented plans through tracking of data, scrutiny of application and impact on pupils.
- The impact of Covid-19 will be taken into account when putting our plan together, in line with the findings of "Impact of school closures on the attainment gap' by the EEF (Education Endowment Foundation)
- Many of our key areas for development will impact a large number of our children, not just those who are entitled to PP.
We want all our pupils to develop a love of learning, aim high and overcome external barriers to learning such as socio-economic factors which could affect their long-term potential in future endeavours.
At Moorthorpe, we recognise that not all pupils who are eligible for Pupil Premium are underachieving, whilst there are also pupils who are underachieving and not eligible for Pupil Premium. We plan, for all individuals, adapt and adjust teaching and learning where applicable and prepare for any area where underperformance is evident. The funding will be used to ‘diminish the difference’ for those underachieving and widen opportunities for those pupils who might be achieving as expected.
We are part of the One Wakefield Project: a collaborative partnership between Wakefield Local Authority, Wakefield System Leaders and Doncaster Research School supported by funding from the Education Endowment Foundation and Wakefield Council. The programme will focus on considering how research evidence, developed by the Education Endowment Foundation, can inform leadership decisions, improve teaching and ultimately improve outcomes for pupils, particularly those facing disadvantaged. Hannah Doyle is our Pupil Premium Champion and has been leading on this alongside our English Leader, Claire Turner.
- New 2023-2024 Pupil Premium EEF Implementation Plan
- New PP Strategy Plan Dec 2023
- New PP Budget 2023 - 2024
- New Pupil Premium Policy 2023 - 2024
- Reviewed 2022-2023 Pupil Premium EEF Implementation Plan
- Reviewed 2022-2023 PP EEF Imp Plan and evaluation
- New Pupil Premium funding statement Dec 2022
- New Pupil Premium funding statement Dec 2021
- Pupil Premium EEF Implementation Plan 2021/2022