Computing Subject Leader: Mrs Birdsall
At Moorthorpe, Computing will help us to interact with the world.
Our Computing curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils are:
- able to use technology imaginatively, creatively and efficiently.
- enthused and equipped with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- able to access a variety of high quality hardware and software resources.
- critical thinkers and reflective learners.
- responsible and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- respectful towards legislation regarding how information is used, stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- equipped with the skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world, whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- users of computational thinking beyond the Computing curriculum.
Starting in the 2023/24 academic year, we have moved our curriculum provision for Computing to Junior Jam. Lessons will be taught by subject experts provided by Junior Jam as part of PPA cover. Please see the video below for a short demonstration of what this looks like.
Children will be taught Computing by Junior Jam for three half-terms per year year, as well as additional Online Safety units of work delivered by the Moorthorpe teaching staff. Click on our Long Term Plan to see how the curriculum will be delivered on a two-year rolling cycle.
Autumn One 23-24 - iJam
Autumn Two 23-24 - iProgram
Spring One 23-24 - iAnimate/iOffice
iOffice Knowledge Organisers
iOffice Year 6 Planning
Spring Two 23-24 - iCreate
Summer One 23-24 - iCommunicate
Summer Two 23-24 - iTech