- Make rubbings showing a range of textures and patterns.
- Print with block colours.
- Print with a variety of objects.
- Imprint onto a range of textures – newspaper, coloured paper, clay etc.
- Experiment with marbling, investigating how ink flows and changes with movement.
- Print with a range of hard and soft materials e.g. corks and sponge
- Roll inks/paints over found objects to create patterns.
- Create a repeated pattern in print
- Identify the different forms printing takes e.g. books, pictures, wallpapers fabrics
- Create a printed piece of art by pressing, rolling, rubbing and stamping.
- Create printing blocks using a relief or impressed method, with card, string and polystyrene.
- Use sketch books to record ideas and patterns.
- Explore colour mixing through overlapping two colour prints deliberately..
- Modify and adapt print as work progresses
- Design and create prints for fabrics, book covers and wallpaper.
- Make connections between own work and patterns in their local environment e.g. curtains and wallpaper.
- Explore printing techniques used by various artists.
- Work into prints with a range of media, including pens, coloured pencils and paint.